Monday, March 2, 2009

Where food is, There Gunter will be also

This is why I love living with the German. Homemade spätzle of the highest quality.



And this is why I love my pug. He is the living example of of the saying "hope springs eternal". Unlike human beings, pugs never feel depressed, they never lose interest in food. And even better, their enjoyment of life, the little things, the feel of sand against their feet on the beach, the smell of toast, the warmth of a crackling fire is always, always enjoyed to the fullest. You can learn a lot from a pug, I certainly have. I remember one time a few years ago, Gunter and I were going out for a walk across a snowy field and he was just reveling in it. He kept looking at me, and his expression was: "look, it's us, you and me, out for a walk, and it's the best thing ever, ever. Me and you, out for a walk. I wouldn't be doing anything else for the world." I know it sounds silly, but Gunter has taught me the meaning of life. Slow down, and enjoy what you are doing, whatever it is.

1 comment:

kellie said...

you really crack me up. well, you and Gunter both. thanks for the laugh! a welcome diversion to pathology and musculoskeletal conditions studying. 5 tests down, 4 to go!