Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Beans and Tomatoes-the perfect meal

When I was in college and shortly thereafter, I didn't enjoy anything more for dinner than a giant bowl of refried beans and sliced tomatoes. Preferably topped with a giant dollop of Daisy brand sour cream (the only real sour cream).

These days you'll find me eating pretty much the same thing. Except when I'm eating bread and cheese, which, seeing as I live with a man who thinks that cheese is the only food group (I'm not kidding, it's like a speciality cheese shop german cheese case in our fridge, jarlsburgh...ick), is just about every other day for dinner.

Quick and tasty snack:

refried or whole black beans, heated
grated zucchini
salsa
grated cheddar (missing from this photo...I'm lazy)
sour cream
handful of chips

Delish! And healthy.

No comments: