Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Return of the Demonpug






This morning I summoned all of my willpower and crawled out of bed and snuck off to the gym early, leaving the pugs nestled in their beds, sound asleep. (I normally would never go to the gym early in the morning, but I have a trip to Hawaii coming up and I have purchased a new bikini. The kind that the sales description states has "minimal coverage" for your tush. Yes, I just turned 30 and I am now attempting to wear the sort of swimsuit I would never have tried to sport in my early (and super fit) 20's. Ah, youth. It really is wasted on the young.) And so, I'm desperately trying to rid myself of any outward signs of my devotion to cake. But this post isn't about a futile attempt to reclaim my 23 year old self. No, this post is again about the Demonpug.

I was gone about an hour. It wasn't even late in the morning when I returned to find the sleeping crate (where I put the Demonpug away for the night) empty, the door of the crate swinging on its hinges. The house was ominously silent.



Gunter, awakened upon my arrival looked at me with a face that said "I had nothing to do with this, I am the Angelpug. Please do not punish me with the Demonpug."

The Demonpug was nowhere to be seen. The house quiet and peaceful. I approached the back part of the apartment with dread, remembering that when I left I had failed to secure the bedroom door, knowing that the Angelpug would never intrude on that holy ground.

And that was indeed where the Demonpug had repaired to after his cunning escape from the crate. And inside this hallowed sanctuary was to be found another, even more sacred space. The shoe closet. As readers will remember from previous posts, the Demonpug
has a particular fondness for shoes. And he did not disappoint! A big pile of warm Demonpug poo was found to be reclining upon my chaco sandals.....which are, luckily enough, totally washable. It could have been worse. There was a pair of purple snakeskin Via Spiga 4 inch heels perilously close (another remnant of my early 20's)!

Readers, do you perhaps know of a farm that is looking for a pug? A Demonpug perhaps?

No comments: