Monday, March 22, 2010

March (the cruelest month?) Retail Therapy


I can't wait for these candlesticks to arrive (super find on etsy!!)!


Lately, I've been feeling a little bit blue. Work and pug care has got me a bit stressed and unhappy. I had to do a little bit of retail therapy to keep my spirits up. This is the worst time of year for me, right before spring. So, I thought a little nesting was in order. Kitchen stuff makes me happy.

To skim jiaozi out of boiling water with. Next version will be ginger chicken!
To make raviolis with! I think I will make shrimp and scallion filling, and serve it in a curry lemongrass soup/sauce.

Oh, homemade pasta how I love thee! I loved thee enough to purchase you the perfect colander, because trying to use tongs to remove you from boiling water was getting old.
Crepes, baby!
Heavy cast iron dutch oven. To bake breads in, to roast chickens in. To do so much in. I baked dutch babies in it this morning!
Granite mortar and pestle. To make pesto, guacamole, grind spices.....!!!!


And everything (except the colander and the skimmer) was a super deal on amazon, so I don't feel (that) guilty.



2 comments:

Sunny Haralson said...

I want those candlesticks.

Sunny Haralson said...

....and I wish my name was Bean