Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sour Cream Love

This morning, I told the peanut I loved him a lot (not Alot), and he replied:

"I don't love you a lot,
I love you supreme,
Which is love with
a dollop of sour cream"

This is funny for two reasons, actually 3. First, it rhymes. Second, it references a burrito from Tacotime. 3rd, I have been involved in a passionate love affair with sour cream for many years now. So I can see how love with sour cream is better than plain love. It's true.

When I was a kid (and not a little kid, high school age), my mother wouldn't let me serve myself sour cream on burrito nights. She had to ration it out to me, or I would have hogged the whole container.

These days, I can have as much sour cream as I would like. Which is nice. My favorite is Daisy brand, although any brand without guar gum and starch will work for me.



I wanted to take a photo, because the pugs had decided that they both needed a spot on my lap, which doesn't happen very often, but I couldn't get a good shot. On an unrelated note, Gunter has decided that a good place to nap while I am gone is in the bathtub.

4 comments:

Bean said...

1. I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK. Like times infinity plus 27 dollops of Daisy sour cream.
2. I also love sour cream.
3. I love being a grown up because no adult gets to (has to) regulate my dairy-product intake. It's one of the BEST PARTS of being an adult!
4. You are so cute. I am sure this is just one of the reasons you are loved a lot. I'm glad you didn't write "alot", though I wouldn't have judged you by your peanut.

Lou Lou Belle said...

I just wanted to say that I am really liking the new blog design!
also, I am IN LOVE with sour cream. My nearly vegan bf doesn't get it, so I'm glad other people do!

SariiCollins said...

I am the same way with cream cheese. I think I eat bagels just for the excuse to put copious amounts of cream cheese on them!

Justine said...

@Bean Thanks! I was tired of the old banner, and these new design options in blogger are super great.
Sour cream (aka ambrosia) is what makes my world go round.

@Lou Lou Belle Thanks! Sour cream! How I love thee!

@ppp3 cream cheese is also up there in my pantheon of delicious soft dairy foods. I feel the same way about goat cheese.