Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I need a Giant Box Fan

Until last night I had no idea that a person could sweat whilst lying very, very still. But it is possible. At the present moment, the thermostat has topped out on the highest temperature it can get it's little indicator needle to. I can't even explain how hot it is. And I've been working. All sorts of deadlines etc. How are we dealing with the heat over here:


I seriously feel ill, it is so hot. I sit here, only my fingers moving, dripping sweat. Dripping cascades of sweat down my face.

The only things that can be eaten on days like this are salads and popsicles. And glasses of chilled white wine.


4 comments:

Bean said...

Your popsicles look good! I need to stock up!

I can't imagine trying to focus on your work, which is so tiny and delicate, in such dreadful heat! Please get a fan!

Our tiny studio is basically an oven because our bed is in the "room" that has a skylight for a ceiling! It's always 15 degrees hotter in our place than it is outside. I feel your anguish.

P.S. Words can't express how much I love my jewelry. Mike also thinks the rings are very pretty. :) Thank you thank you THANK YOU for sending them so quickly! I was so surprised when I got them! You rock, Bean!!!

Unknown said...

here's an old skool trick... a damp cold wet towel on the bed. when we were kids, we used to sleep on top of wrung out tools we put in the fridge...it was heaven!

Justine said...

Hi Bean!

I did manage to find a fan yesterday evening, after I wandered around the mall in the evening. I hate the mall, but it was at least a little bit cooler than hell. I've been working this morning, but I'm going to take the afternoon off and take the pugs to the coast. :-)

I am so glad that you are happy with your rings! I did think the blue one was especially pretty. Enjoy!

bean

Justine said...

Totally going to try the damp towel trick tonight. Thanks! Things are supposed to cool off after tomorrow, finally.