Thursday, July 30, 2009

Much Cooler Today

Why, it's already 9 o'clock and I'm not sweating! It must be cooler.

Since yesterday was hot enough to drive a saint to cursing, I took the pugs to the Sandy river for a little refreshment. Of course everyone else in the area had thought of the same thing, so the nearest stretches of the river were pack with a crowds of gigantic people and their gigantic children (Wow, Oregon is only the 29th fattest state! I just did a quick google, I expected it to be much worse. But apparently the south has cornered the market on obesity). So we kept on driving and found a relatively peaceful spot.

It's called the Sandy because the river bottom is made of soft heaps of sand, it was very shallow where we were, so I walked across it carrying Dieter, and holding on to Gunter's life jacket handle as he swam.


Dieter, chilling next to me on the towel, watching the events.




Doesn't he look sporty?! Not very pleased, but sporty.

1 comment: