Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Housekeeping


Lest you dear readers think having pugs is a walk in Cuteness Park all day long, let me educate you.


Pugs shed enough to make another full pug out of the hair approximately every two weeks. If you ever adopt a pug, be ready to never have a clean house ever ever again. Just in case you didn't get the scale of the pile of hair pictured above, I made Gunter pose with it to give you some idea.


On another front, I'm trying something new. I'm so busy that I've found myself subsisting on burritos from ChaChaCha. Which is perfectly fine with me, seeing as I looooove mexican food. But it's not terribly healthy. I thought about joining a CSA, but I didn't want to have to deal with 5lbs of turnips every other week. So I decided to try the online shopping and home delivery that New Seasons offers. (New Seasons is this awesome grocery chain we have here in Portland. Think Whole Foods meets small co-op, times that by an awesome factor of 10). Turns out it's fantastic. I can shop online for every food item I could ever want, specifying the weight of the veg I want, what size of bulk cheese, etc. And then someone goes and collects it together and brings it to my house. How great is that?!

It cost 9 dollars. I figure if having groceries in the house keeps me from eating out one time, I will have made my money on it. Love it, love New Seasons, love Oregon. (But for all of you right coasters who think moving to Portland is a good idea...you will never make it through 9 months of gloomy rain. Trust me. Stay where you are.)

And they gave me a carton of ice cream free.

1 comment:

Lou Lou Belle said...

(But for all of you right coasters who think moving to Portland is a good idea...you will never make it through 9 months of gloomy rain. Trust me. Stay where you are.)

ha! two of my besties from college live near/have family so are frequently in portland, so I consider making the hop from Boston from time to time. thanks for confirming my suspicion that it might just be a mistake...
you may have also confirmed for me that a striped pug may be cute, but a shedding dog will make me sad. I will just enjoy the photos and videos of yours?

cheers, Lauren