Monday, December 28, 2009

Revealed


I shed a couple of tears when this came off the other day. In order for you, the reader, to understand why, let me illuminate you.

I own this t-shirt:


If you can't read the print, it says "Beards are sexy". And they are.

When J and I first started dating, before the L word had passed between us, I sent him drawings like this one:



That's me, with the crazy hair and the bouquet. That is J, as a peanut with a beard. The bouquet is a love offering to the beard.



Since I've known him, he has had a full (to crazy full) beard. I have to admit that his beard single-handedly earned him a second date. The beard and the sweetness.

I think I cried mostly because it was so shocking to see his face for the first time. (That, and the thought of looking like an old lady next to him. Someone might arrest me for robbing the cradle. I am two whole years older in the first place.)



And that was the end of it. I felt like I had a new boyfriend. One that was just as nice, but who was now colder in the middle of the 30ยบ weather we are now having. Poor little beardless peanut.

No comments: