Sunday, August 1, 2010

I seem to have checked out


of this blog last week.

What have I been doing?

Cooking.

Baked halibut with zhoug (a delicious sauce with hot peppers and cilantro. Anything with cilantro will be my favorite thing in the world. I'm still talking about this cilantro and peanut salad I had one time in China, 3 years later).
Hummus (not exciting, but I've finally figured out how to cook dried beans! The secret is a little baking soda in the water and soaking them for a day and half. We will see if it helps with other beans as well. There are many things I want to love but don't/can't. Recycling, vimeo, halva, cooking with dried beans, body lotion, CSAs, multivitamins, and nancy's plain yogurt to name a few. Maybe this baking soda thing will make me love dried beans).
Roasted vegetables (zucchini and onions, with some olive oil, salt and paprika, then some fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon when you pull them out of the oven).
Pita. (This list is not exhaustive, obviously.)

Reading.

(And the Sookie Stackhouse novels.)


Watching:


Making.


Loving.

St. Cupcake cupcakes. And especially the peanut who brought them to me as a surprise, telling me he was just going to run to the new seasons for icecream, when really he was driving across the river to NW to get these! (We spent the evening eating popcorn and cupcakes and icecream for dinner. I love being an adult.)

No comments: