Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dressers, pulls, colors


For those of you out there who read both of my blogs meticulously, along with watching with rapt attention to the videos posted on my work blog (I know there has to be at least one of you out there, stalker!), you will know that due to moving and various furniture swapping (work dresser/cabinet now in the living room, bedroom dresser now at work), I have no dresser, and for the short time I was at Jonathan's (a week maybe?) all of my clothes found a place on the floor. (How was that for a run on sentence? Suck it 4th grade language arts teacher!)

So to remedy this, I was drooling over dressers at Room and Board. If only I wasn't (comparatively) poor. Who can afford these?

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=3094&catalog=room&category=rm_bedrooms&subcategory=dresser

I want this dresser with a passion. But my passion doesn't extend to spending that much money on a piece of furniture. So I bought this one instead:



It was on sale at the unfinished furniture place here in town. I forget what wood (ash?), but it has cedar lining. I plan on finishing it with the baltic green color below:



I love colors more than plain wood anyway. It's not as stylish, but I can live with that. I also plan on switching out the pulls to these:


Or maybe these ones:



Either way, it will be nice to finally have a functioning dresser. I can't describe how excited I will be to not be living out of a laundry basket!

No comments: