Monday, October 11, 2010

A post I have been meaning to write for a while

Dearest readers,

When you have curly hair, it defines a far larger segment of your personality than, say, straight hair or wavy hair. I'm sure I will be stepping on some toes here, but those of you with what I would term wavy hair....I'm sorry, that is not curly hair. It never will be, and you have no idea what you are talking about. If your hair doesn't form ringlets and/or lift off of your head with a mind of its own, combined with frizz and static, you don't have curly hair. If you can use a brush to brush your hair when it is dry without too much trouble, you don't know what I'm talking about. If you don't have to comb out your hair in the shower with copious amounts of thick conditioner, you don't know what I'm talking about. I

And then, there are those of us who have what I like to call Frankenstein curly hair.


My hair, brushed when dry, and partially straight from being pulled back the day before. This was after I removed 2-3 bobby pins from their secret nests hidden deep within (lost from the day before). I am constantly finding bobby pins secreted away in the endless depths.

And that is it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I empathize...I have very curly hair. My mother used to try to scare me into brushing it when I was little...she told me that spiders would grow in the tangles.

Barbara