Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday, the goodness edition


Don't these look tasty? They are, I can tell you. I got into them last night, even though they are not quite done pickling. They are sort of a North African version, with turmeric and ginger and hot peppers. The veggies are radish, turnip, sugar snap peas, cabbage, carrots and plenty of sliced garlic. The brine is just water and salt and some rice vinegar. They will be featured on my table this evening as the star of the show.

Other supporting characters to be found this Shabbat are:

Olives
Lemon and allspice potato salad
Borekitas de Beregena (eggplant and feta in tiny little pies, sort of like empanadas)
Aliyah (a Georgian stewed chicken dish with tomatoes, cilantro, and tamarind)
Lemony sponge cake! (pan d'Espanya)

Okay, have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment:

SariiCollins said...

Send me a jar of that goodness! Sounds and looks delicious!!!!! My recent craving has been Peperoncini's ,Peperoncini's on everything :)