Sunday, May 11, 2008

Eating Korean in Chinese


I love this little Korean place that is bird flu alley (thus named because of all of the chickens in cages and ducks with their feet tied together for sale there). It's tiny and run by this Korean guy who is super nice. There was also an old Korean lady that used to work there that would give me free food sometimes. While of I was eating she would bring me a little dish of whatever someone else in the restaurant had ordered, or she would slip a little triangle shaped rice and kimchi roll into my to go order and not let me pay for it. She was awesome, didn't speak a word of Chinese but always smiled at me. I love going there because the food is good, and also because the people are nice and not sullen (like a lot of Chinese waiters). Anyhoo, that day I had a tuna and veggie roll. Every meal comes with little dishes of different kinds of food. This day it was potato sticks, pickled radish, egg and onion omelette, and bugs of some sort. No, not bugs, tiny shrimps!










Me: It was you wasn't it?! Just admit your guilt and I'll let you go!!!
Him: No! No! There's been some mistake! I'm innocent I tell you!!!



Me: Mister Tough Guy, eh? Well if you want to play tough, we can play tough!
Him: No! No! Listen to me! I'm innocent!



Me: It doesn't have to be like this. Tell me what I want to know, and everything will be forgotten.
Him: I'm telling you, I don't know nothing!



Me: It pains me to do this, but you leave me no other option!
Him: blub blub, gurgle....



1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you had a blog! I just added it to my bookmarks. This one cracked me up. You're funny!