Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday

Friday mornings are my favorite. The week is almost over (even if I will be moving my studio Saturday and working on Sunday.... still, it feels like Friday is an event), it's time to enjoy the day etc. I love Friday mornings.




The daily fruit smoothie, about to be whizzed into smoothness by my handy immersion blender (thank you PPP1!).



Ah, coffee. The elixir of life. (Stumptown blend, half to 1/3 decaf).



Challah, in production. I use my mixer so much. I don't know what I did before it. I love it. I would really like to get the kind with the bowl that lifts up (it's better for bread dough, apparently), and mine just hasn't been the same since it took a disastrous dive off of the counter headfirst....


Ready to rise into sweet white bread perfection.


New reads from Powell's, scored yesterday night. Peanut and I went to see his youngest brother get auctioned off for charity (he went for 75 bones...I feel that he was super brave to put himself out there like that. It was also awesome to see his parents there as well). The event was held at this place in NW that was just full to the brim with douche canoes. (P and I decided that out of 10 douche canoes, at least 7 are also ass-hats (foul language courtesy of The Bloggess....douche canoe is now my favorite insult)). I hadn't fully realized until this year why Kellie always despised going to the west side. Now I know why: douche canoes.

But Powell's in on the west side. And Powell's is probably one of my favorite places on earth. I would buy a perfume if it smelled like the inside of Powell's. New books, old musty books, leather bound books, with a slightest note of coffee. The smell alone makes me relax. More books than you could ever read in a lifetime. A full city block of books. It's heaven.

Ok, enough for now. Have a happy weekend everyone. I know I will....Kellie is in town from Phoenix!







3 comments:

Bean said...

After this crazy week, I think I need to go to Powell's. People think I'm weird for smelling books so I try to hide in corners when I do it but I just love books so much. It doesn't matter if they're old or new--I just love the sweet-and-sometimes-musty smell of books!

You are fun. :)

Love,

Bean

kellie said...

Dear Bean,

I'm glad you understand my sentiments about the west side now. It's not fair to generalize really (and it's really only a few neighborhoods), but so often that was my experience there I eventually just started avoiding it. Plastic fantastic!

It was great to see you. Can't wait to move back home for some more BFF quality time.

kel

Catherine Chandler said...

I practically grew up in Powell's. My dad would take me there to get new books, followed by hot chocolate in the cafe. I now have a severe book buying addiction and have to avoid it most of the time (unless meeting up with people for coffee). Luckily there is also a wonderful Powell's on Hawthorne!

I feel much the same about the west side. I grew up in SW and dread going over there now. The east side is where it's at :)