Tuesday, January 6, 2009

St. Martin in the Fields


My older sister, also referred to as Ppp1, visited London a couple of years ago and bought these lovely pictures for me at the St. Martin Cathedral in Trafalgar Square. They are made by doing rubbings over brass reliefs. I think they are lovely and I had no way to display them until recently. But last week the German and I went to get a picture (of Smith rock up in Oregon that I had bought for his birthday a year ago!) framed and I found these cool floating frames (two pieces of glass sandwiched between the black frame). They are perfect. My favorite is the black one because it shows two little people skinny dipping together with the devil as a goat in a medieval thought bubble.


Is it a strict warning against fornication? Is it the medieval equivalent of a swingers club? Who knows! But I like it.

The place that we bought the frames was having a special buy one get one free, so we bought four. I didn't know what to do with the 4th one, but then I found these awesome postcards made from old science fiction book covers!

Fun yes?

No comments: